The 4th of July is also known as American independence day and is a public holiday in the United states of America that commemorates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, which declared the original colonies to be free from British rule.
WHAT TO DO ON 4TH OF JULY?
- See a fireworks show- America is known to have big firework show’s as it is the signing of the declaration of independence day by lighting off fireworks since 1777 which was the first anniversary of American independence. Many states have a big firework show that you can go see with your family and friends.
- Have a family reunion- If your family and friends live in different states all over America, get them all together in your house and have a party or you can have a grill out in the garden.
- Raise the Flag- Since 1777 Old Glory’s stars and stripes have served as a symbol of freedom around the world, so why not show you national spirit and raise a flag in honour of liberty.
- Have a backyard movie night- Pick out an all American movie to watch and set up a movie screen in your back garden and have some fun. Don’t forget your popcorn!
- Go to a parade show- There are many community celebrations around the 4th of July especially parades that include bike parades, classic car parades, marching bands, fun fairs, floats and firework displays. You can take your family out and have a full day of fun while doing lots of different things.
- Have a camping night- If you can’t make it to a camping site because they are fully booked or you haven’t got the money you can have a camping night in your back yard. You can invite all your friends round or family and get them to bring their own tents and snacks and just have a night of fun just enjoying spending time with each other.
- Watch TV- If you don’t want to go to a crazy crowd of parades and just want to stay at home with your friends and family you can watch some tv and the good thing is New York fireworks show is broadcasted nationwide so you can watch a good firework show without having to do the fireworks yourself.
- Have a pool party- If you have a pool in your backyard or if you have a community pool why not get everyone to either wear red, white or blue outfits and get the grill fired up and just lounge around and have a good time around the pool.
TEN GAMES TO PLAY ON 4TH OF JULY:
- American Cornhole
- Patriotic bingo
- 4 In-A-Row giant bingo
- Beer pong table
- Giant Jenga
- Bottle ring toss
- Patriotic bean bag toss
- Fourth of July balloon dart game
- 4th of July scratch of dare cards
- Tin can toss game
TRADITIONAL FOODS TO EAT ON 4TH OF JULY:
- Hot dogs
- Corn on the cob
- Grilled chicken
- Ice cream
- Red, white, blue everything!