Prep Time: 10 Minutes, Cook Time: 15 Minutes, Serves: 9 Apples
- 9 Green apples
- Candy thermometer
- 2 Cups brown sugar (400g)
- 1 and 3/4 cup heavy cream (420ml)
- 1 Cup light light corn syrup (240ml)
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 9 Lollipop sticks
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Chocolate flakes (optional)
- Wash and dry all your apples and then insert your lollipop sticks from the bottom of the apple and cut your apple stems off.
- Line a baking tray with a baking sheet and grease it so the caramel won’t stick to it.
- In a medium sized saucepan combine your heavy cream, brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt over a medium heat. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the butter is melted.
- Once your butter is melted brush down the sides of the saucepan with a moistened pastry brush and place your candy thermometer inside the pan.
- Let the mixture cook and bubble until it reaches 113c. To reach this temperature it takes around around 10-20 minutes. Once reached the right temperature take your caramel off the heat.
- Stir in your vanilla extract into your sauce. (do not over stir)
- Allow the sauce to cool for 10-15 minutes until it has slightly thickened.
- Dip your apples into your caramel sauce, until all the apple is evenly coated.
- Place your coated apples onto the baking tray and now you can add your sprinkles or chocolate flakes.
- Allow your caramel apples to set and cool for around 40-45 minutes.
- You can now enjoy your delicious and simple caramel apples.