For 4 servings
- 1 cup whole wheat/plain flour (125g)
- 2 tbsp of sugar/maple syrup
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 cup almond milk/non dairy milk (240ml)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp olive oil/melted coconut oil
- Optional strawberries, blueberries and chocolate chips
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another medium mixing bowl whisk together milk, oil, maple syrup/sugar and vanilla extract until thoroughly blended. (if coconut oil hardens on contact with cold milk, warm it in the microwave until it liquifies again).
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth. (if you want to add blueberries, chocolate chips or strawberries fold it in slowly now).
- Let the batter rest for five minutes.
- Pour about 1/2 (65 grams) of batter onto a non stick pan or griddle over medium heat.
- When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden. (1-2 minutes).
- Repeat the process with the remanding batter.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and enjoy!