Prep time: 15 minutes. Baking time: 10 minutes. Serves 24 cookies.
- 225g butter (softened)
- 400g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- 65g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 300g of white, milk or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 190c or gas mark 4.
- In a large bowl put together the butter and sugar and mix until smooth. Then whisk in the eggs only one at a time. Add your vanilla to the mix and combine. Sieve in the cocoa, flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into the mix then combine it. Fold in your choice of chocolate chips.
- Use a ungreased baking trays.
- Use a ice cream scoop or use a table spoon to make the balls.
- Bake in the preheated oven for nine to ten minutes. Once cookies are made allow them to cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cool cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now you can enjoy with a glass of milk or a drink of your choice.