Prep time: 25 minutes, Cook time: 15 minutes, Serves: 12 cupcakes
- 115g Self raising white flour
- 40g Cocoa powder
- 4 Medium eggs
- 170g Unsalted butter softened
- 160g Caster sugar
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp boiling water
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate buttercream (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- In your muffin tin line them with cupcake cases.
- In a large mixing bowl sift through your cocoa powder and pour in your boiling water and mix into a thick paste.
- Add your self raising flour, butter, eggs, sugar, baking powder and vanilla extract and whisk together until all is well combined.
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Add your cake mixture into your cake cases equally and place in the oven for around 15-17 minutes until they are well risen.
- Take your cupcakes out the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.
- If you have chosen to use buttercream and sprinkles you can now add them on top of your cupcakes and finally enjoy them!