Prep Time: 15 Minutes, Cook Time: 35 Minutes, Serves: 4
- 1/4 Cup butter350g Elbow macaroni pasta
- 1/2 Cup grated parmesan cheese
- 250g Mature cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 Cup breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp plain flour
- 550ml Whole milk
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Tsp paprika (optional)
- 1/2 Tsp mustard (optional)
- Cook the elbow macaroni pasta according to the packet and drain.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- In a saucepan on medium heat melt the butter. add your garlic and English mustard and cook for one minute. Now add your plain flour and cook for one minute.
- Slowly add your whole milk with a whisk until you have a lump free sauce. Simmer your sauce for 3 minutes while you keep whisking it.
- Take your saucepan off the heat and add in your parmesan cheese and grated cheese and add a pinch of salt.
- Put your cooked pasta into the cheese sauce and stir till combined.
- Put your mixed pasta and sauce into an over proof dish and add your breadcrumbs on top and your paprika.
- Place it into the oven for 20-25 minutes until its golden crisp on top.