Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time: 1hr & 45min, Serves: 4-5
- 100g Pudding rice
- 30g Caster sugar
- 1/2 Tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
- 700ml Whole milk
- 15g Unsalted butter
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- Half cup of raisins (optional)
- Half cup of cherries (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 170C, Gas 3 or Fan 140C.
- Using a large shallow ovenproof dish grease the bottom and all the sides with the unsalted butter.
- Add your pudding rice, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla extract and lightly mix. Pour in your 700ml of milk and stir well till its all combined.
- Add in your raisins or cherries if you have decided to go for a fruity rice pudding.
- Place it in the oven on the middle shelf for around 1hr and 45min or until the rice is tender and soft and the top has a golden layer and is about set.
- Now you can enjoy your rice pudding with a spoon of jam on top or add some fruit or even some maple syrup if you like it sweet.