Prep Time: 15 Minutes, Serves: 6
- 1 Can chickpeas
- Lemon juice from one lemon
- 1/3 Cup of tahini
- 1 Finely minced garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt to taste
- 1/2 Tsp ground cumin or 1/2 Tsp tangy sumac
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- Dash of paprika
- Place your chickpeas into a saucepan and place them on medium heat and allow them to simmer for 20 minutes in plenty of water to help soften them.
- Once your chickpeas are finished simmering place them in hot water and 1 tsp baking soda and leave them for 2-3 minutes, Take the chickpeas and rub them under cold running water to remove the skins. Let the chickpeas cool before using.
- In a food processer add your tahini and lemon juice and mix for 1 minute, scrape the sides and mix again for 30 seconds.
- Add your olive oil, garlic, sumac/cumin and salt to the food processer and mix for one minute, scrape the sides and mix for 20 seconds.
- Add your chickpeas to the food processor and mix for 1-4 minutes until its smooth and well blended, if you think its quite thick still add 1 tbsp of hot water and mix again.
- Serve your hummus with a sprinkle of olive oil and a dash of paprika and enjoy.