Prep Time: 10 Minutes. Cooking Time: 40 Minutes. Serves: 5.
- 10 Red gala apples
- 1 Tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tsp cinnamon Powder
- 2 Tbsp Sugar white/brown
- 3 Tbsp softened margarine
- Half cup plain flour
- Custard (optional)
- Peel all your apples and dice them into small chunks.
- Use 1 tbsp of the softened margarine into a saucepan on a low to medium flame on the cooker until melted.
- Into your melted margarine add lemon juice, cinnamon powder & 1 Tbsp of sugar stir together until sugar is melted.
- Add your diced apples into the saucepan & stir until apples are soft.
- In a separate bowl sift your plain flour.
- Add your sugar into the plain flour and mix together.
- Add your 2 tbsp of softened margarine into the plain flour & sugar mix.
- With your fingertips mix the mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Heat your oven to 200C.
- Place your softened apples with some juice into a baking tray.
- Add your crumb mixture on top of the apple mixture(Spread it evenly).
- Place your crumble into the oven on middle shelf for 20-30 minutes. Until the top is crispy and crunchy.
- Add your hot custard on top.
Enjoy your home made delicious apple crumble!!