Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time: 30 minutes, Serves: 20-25 cookie bars
- 225g Unsalted butter softened
- 150g Light brown sugar
- 70g Granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 300g Plain flour
- 1/2 Tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 Tsp salt
- 250g Chocolate chips
- 50g Chocolate chips for the top
- Chocolate sauce (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 160C.
- In a large mixing bowl add your softened butter, brown sugar and white sugar and mix until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add your eggs into the large mixing bowl and vanilla extract and mix until its well combined.
- Add your flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda to the bowl and mix and fold until its combined, slowly fold your chocolate chips through the mix.
- Place your mix into a lined baking tray and smooth it out and add a few more chocolate chips on top.
- Place it in the oven on the middle shelf for around 20-30 minutes at 160C.
- Take it out of the oven after its cooked and allow it to cool in the tin before chopping it into 20-25 bars.
- Add your chocolate sauce on top and enjoy.