Prep time: 20 minutes, Cook time: 40 minutes, Serves: 7-8
- 12-14 Digestive biscuits crushed into tiny rocks
- 50g Melted butter
- 100g Caster sugar
- 300g Soft cheese
- 2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs
- 400g Canned red cherries or 3 cups frozen pitted cherries
- 1/4 Cup of water
- 1 Tbsp corn-starch
- Heat your oven to 180C/gas 4.
- Crush your digestive biscuits and then combine them with your 50g melted butter and 50g of sugar.
- Grease your springform pan with melted butter then with your biscuit mixture press it onto your tin base and sides and place in the fridge to chill for around 15-20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl put in your soft cheese and 50g sugar and mix well until combined. Once combined add in your eggs one at a time mixing well between each egg and add in your vanilla extract and combine until it mixes in.
- Gently pour in your batter into your biscuit crust and bake for around 30-45 minutes until the edges are set and the centre is still a bit wobbly.
- Take your cheesecake out of the oven and loosen the cake from the sides by running a flat butter knife along the outer side of the biscuit crust. Allow the cheesecake to cool on the side for around 45-60 minutes, then place it in the fridge for around 4-5 hours.
- In a medium saucepan heat your cherries, 50g sugar and 3 Tbsp of water until its heated through. Stir in your corn-starch and wait till it dissolves and cook until the sauce thickens for around1-2 minutes.
- Allow your sauce to cool completely and once your ready to serve your cheesecake add your cherry mixture on top and enjoy!