Prep time: 10-15 minutes, Cook time: 15-30 minutes, Serves: 4
- 300g Ribeye steaks
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 2 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Red pepper sliced
- 1 Green pepper sliced
- 8 Cheese slices
- 1/2 Tsp sea salt
- 1/2 Tsp black pepper
- 1 Garlic clove sliced
- 50g Grated cheese (your choice)
- 4 Soft sub rolls
- Handful jalapenos (optional)
- Ketchup/mayonnaise (optional)
- Trim away any fat running down the side of the steaks and slice your steaks into thin slices.
- On a large frying pan add your 1 Tbsp of sunflower oil and put in your diced onions, green & red peppers until they are cooked.
- Add 1 more Tbsp of sunflower oil into your frying pan and put your cooker on a high heat and place your steak slices into the pan. Season it with salt and pepper and keep cooking until your steaks are fully cooked.
- In a small bowl stir your 2 Tbsp of butter and garlic clove and mix until well combined.
- To your cooked steak add your grated cheese on top with your jalapenos and let it melt.
- Slice your sub rolls in half and add your garlic butter to each side of the sub rolls, add your cheese slices, add your sate onions and peppers.
- Finally add your steak slices on top your onion and peppers and add your choice of sauce.
- If you want you can toast your sub rolls in the over for 10 minutes on 200C.