Prep Time: 30 Minutes, Cook Time:3 Hours & 30 Minutes, Serves:18
- 15 Pound turkey (neck & giblets removed)
- 1 Large onion chopped
- 2 Large carrots chopped
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon pepper or plain pepper
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary
- 3 Garlic cloves peeled & crushed
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- Preheat your oven to 220C/Gas mark 7.
- In a small bowl add your butter and then add in your salt, pepper, parsley, rosemary and half the crushed garlic.
- Season the cavity of the turkey with some salt and pepper.
- Now stuff your turkey with the onion, carrots and the other half of the crushed garlic.
- With your hands loosen the skin on the breast from both sides of the turkey so you can stuff some of your butter mix under the skin.
- With your hand place half the butter mix in the spaces under the skin, with the other half of the butter mix massage your turkey with the butter mix and make sure it’s evenly coated all over including the legs.
- Place your turkey in a large oven proof roasting tray breast side up, season well with salt and pepper.
- Roast your turkey in the oven for 20-30 minutes, take the tray out and baste the turkey with the pan juices.
- Lower the oven setting to 180C/ Gas 4 and cook for a further 2 & 1/2 hours making sure to baste in between.
- To make sure the turkey is cooked insert a skewer into the thickest part of the turkey making sure the juices run clear. If the juices are pink roast for another 20 minutes and check again, repeat if necessary.
- Once your turkey is cooked remove it from the oven and leave it to rest for 30-45 minutes.