Prep time: 30 minutes, Cook time: 70 minutes, Serves: 8-9
FOR THE MERINGUE:
- 4 Medium egg whites
- 230g Caster sugar
- 1/2 Tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp cornflour
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 350ml Double cream
- 450g Strawberries halved
- 200g Raspberries
- 100g Blueberries
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 150C/130C fan.
- On baking parchment using a pencil mark out the circle of a dinner plate.
- In a large mixing bowl add your egg whites and mix it with a hand mixer until they form stiff peaks and then slowly add your 230g caster sugar 1 tbsp at a time until the meringue starts to look glossy.
- Finally whisk in your white wine vinegar and vanilla extract and cornflour until well combined.
- Now spread your meringue with a spoon on the inner circle on the baking parchment making sure the outer sides is a little higher than the middle.
- Place your pavlova in the oven for 1 hour and once its been in the oven for one hour turn the heat off and leave the pavlova in the oven until its completely cooled.
- Place 150g of strawberries, 100g raspberries, 1 tbsp of icing sugar and 50g of blueberries into a food blender and blend until smooth. Once smoothed drizzle it on top of your cooled meringue.
- Whip your 350ml of double cream with the reminder of 1 tbsp icing sugar and spread it on top of the meringue.
- Finally add the rest of your leftover fruits and leftover fruit sauce on top of your meringue and enjoy.