Prep: 20 Minutes, Cook time: 30 Minutes- 1 hour, Serves: 8-10 People
- 140g Butter softened (a bit extra to grease the tin)
- 140g Self raising flour
- 2 Large beaten eggs
- 140g Caster sugar
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 3 Very ripe bananas mashed
- 50g Icing sugar
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180C/gas mark 4.
- Grease your loaf tin with some butter.
- In a large mixing bowl add your butter and caster sugar and whisk until its light and fluffy.
- Slowly add your beaten eggs and sieve in your flour and combine together.
- Add your vanilla extract, baking powder and your mashed bananas and mix well until its all combined.
- Pour your mixture into the greased loaf tin and place it in the oven on the middle shelf for 50 minutes. If not cooked after the 50 minutes do 5 minute intervals until its cooked.
- Once cooked leave in the tin for 10 minutes to cool, then remove it to a wire rack.
- Mix your icing sugar with 2-3 tbsp of water to make it runny and drizzle it over your banana loaf.