The Uk Government has put out the Eat Out To Help Out Scheme, its to help the food industry get back to what it was before the Covid-19 pandemic. The scheme will offer a discount to diners and encourage them to eat out at restaurants, pubs and cafes. The Chancellor Rishi Sunak said “To get customers back into cafes, pubs and restaurants, and protect the 1.8 million people who work in them, i can announce that for the month of August 2020, we will give everyone in the country an Eat Out To Help Out discount.”
The scheme offers diners 50% off meals, with the discount capping at £10 per head. The cap of £10 per head means that an £80 meal for a family of four it will be reduced to £40. It will include food, non-alcoholic drinks and will apply to both adults and children. The scheme will run from 3rd August 2020, until 31st August 2020, the discounts will be available all day on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays only. It has not been confirmed yet if the scheme will extend past August as of yet.
There is no limit to the number of times a diner or diners can use the offer and they don’t need to produce a physical voucher as the participating restaurants, pubs and cafes will automatically apply the discount to their bill. Diners will be able to find the participating restaurants, pubs and cafes on a website, which will be made public before the scheme launches on August 3rd 2020.
SOME PARTICIPATING RESTAURANTS:
- Burger King
- Pizza Hut
- Toby Carvery
- All Bar One
- Frankie & Bennys
Businesses participating in the scheme will be able to claim the money back from the Government through an online source supported by HM Revenue and Customs. The clais can be made on a weekly basis and the restaurants, cafes and pubs will be reimbursed within five working days.
The Eat Out To Help Out new posters should be easy to spot in the restaurants, pubs and cafes that are taking part in the scheme. The posters will be placed in windows and on the dining tables, they will feature a brightly coloured logo that will say ‘Eat Out To Help Out’. They will also state you can get £10 per person off from Monday to Wednesday, it will also say “Welcome back- we’ve missed you! Come in, relax and enjoy up to £10 off food and non-alcoholic drinks per person.” There will be three different posters available, two of the posters will feature restaurant workers, while the third poster will have a plain blue background with red and white colours incorporated into the logo.
There will be a table talker poster also available which will have “This covers all food and non-alcoholic drinks. Everyone gets the discount- including children. You can come back as many times as you like.” These posters will be available for free from the government site and all posters will have the terms and conditions on.
RULES THAT WILL APPLY:
- You can’t get a discount for someone with you who isn’t eating or drinking.
- Alcoholic drinks are not included.
- No limit on how many times you can use it.
- It can be used in work and school canteens.
- You can get it on any hot drinks as long as you sit in the cafe, restaurant or pub to drink it.
- It can also be used on top of other discounts like two for one meal deals etc.
- You can take your leftovers home.
- You can’t get the 50% discount if you are using a takeaway service.
- Tips will not be included.
- It won’t apply for planes as planes have no designated space for dining in.
- You can get it on trains if they provide a specific dining carriage or area you can sit and eat on board.
- The discounts cannot be used at weddings.
- It can be used at football stadiums, shopping centres and theme parks, as long as there is a designated dining area.